Daily Math Problem - 5/4/20
5/4/2020 09:19:02 am
The shape that doesn’t belong is the cylinder because it doesn’t have any sides.
5/5/2020 04:04:44 pm
Do you think the top and bottom of a cylinder can be called sides?
5/4/2020 09:23:13 am
It’s also not a polyhedron
5/4/2020 01:26:53 pm
The cylinder doesn't belong because it can't fold out like the other ones, it has no vertices, and it doesn't have any four sided shapes in it.
5/5/2020 04:05:43 pm
A cylinder does have a net -- two circles connected to a rectangle. However, you are correct that it has no vertices or faces that are polygons.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Here you will find suggestions for learning at home. You are not required to do all of these activities, but I encourage you to do something that interests you in reading, writing, language arts, science, math, and social studies each day. I will post new ideas for all subject areas as I come across them. Please add to the comments as you complete activities. I will respond to comments each day.
- Distance Learning
- Hands-On Equations
- Oklahoma Focus Supplemental Lessons
- Chapter 1: Place Value
- Chapter 2: Multiply Whole Numbers
- Chapter 3: Divide by a One-Digit Divisor
- Chapter 4: Divide by a Two-Digit Divisor
- Chapter 5: Add and Subtract Decimals
- Chapter 6: Multiply and Divide Decimals
- Chapter 7: Expressions and Patterns
- Chapter 8: Fractions and Decimals
- Chapter 9: Add and Subtract Fractions
- Chapter 10: Multiply and Divide Fractions
- Chapter 11: Measurement
- Chapter 12: Geometry
- Facts Master
- Math Skills Practice
- Social Studies >
- Reading >
- Language Arts >
- Science >
- Math >
- Math Club
- Robotics Club
- Academic Team
- Class Information